Find a Cabinet Painter in Kaw City, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to update the style of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their elegant appearance. Typical wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
How do I find the right painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the best one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to begin is by understanding precisely what style you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Ensure that any contractor you hire provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project commences that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the challenging prep stage a necessity when painting all cabinets?
It's may be enticing to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What is the average price of an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
There are several factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Kaw City, Oklahoma, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Kaw City, Oklahoma
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Kaw City, Oklahoma varies, but some customers have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in decent enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While looking for the perfect cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Kaw City, Oklahoma easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.