Find a pro in Kemp, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Kemp, Oklahoma. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Kemp, Oklahoma
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Kemp, Oklahoma. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.