Find a Pro in Lexington, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all will a house painter do?
Some of the tasks an expert painter usually conducts include:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to find the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they find anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter might then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's price on labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or product included.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. That's only for the service. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Is investing in interior painting a good decision?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on listing your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when factoring in the impact on property value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint works to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your home. A new application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your residence.
When will painters see the slowest business demand?
A major selling point about hiring within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Hire a Professional House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Lexington, Oklahoma
When you're searching for a reliable house painter in Lexington, Oklahoma, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also supplies many practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that compiles all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Lexington, Oklahoma and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.