Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Locust Grove, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing compared to hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy method to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways do cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested frequency for refinishing cabinets
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Locust Grove, Oklahoma have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Locust Grove, Oklahoma
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and many homeowners in Locust Grove, Oklahoma have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Locust Grove, Oklahoma confidently.