Find a pro in McAlester, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Oklahoma // McAlester
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near McAlester, Oklahoma
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in McAlester, Oklahoma. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.