Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How should I know if cabinet refinishing is a good idea to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Should I be on the hunt for any specific licenses or qualifications when selecting a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there aren't industry-mandated licenses designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are some qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for results that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Other than a portfolio, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and reputation through online customer feedback.
A reliable expert should give a detailed written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have exceptional communication skills and a readiness to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can show they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How do professionals perform cabinet refinishing?
An expert handling your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are usually several steps used to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets are first evaluated to ensure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If so, all gear will be taken off, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some minor issues, such as cracks, dents, or similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing stage will be vital to imparting a professional result, and may need several hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, all hardware will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the final project meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to note that any refinishing process can vary depending on factors such as the model of cabinets and the desired finish. Furthermore, professionals may perform detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic effects, which will require a longer amount of time. Be sure to speak directly with anyone you employ to ensure they can bring your vision to reality.
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and hassle-free method to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma confidently.