Find a pro in Oologah, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Oologah, OK
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Oologah, OK, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Oologah, OK. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.