Find a Cabinet Painter in Panama, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the appearance of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for home walls will encounter many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints might not adhere properly to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
How can I determine if I've found the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The best place to start is by knowing exactly what style you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their past work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any painter you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project begins that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Should I just paint over my existing cabinets?
It's may be tempting to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Will it be expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Panama, OK, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll need to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Home for Less With a Professional Cabinet Painter in Panama, OK
A quick way to boost the appeal of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and provide a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Panama, OK varies, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be happy to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Panama, OK easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.