Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Pryor, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple technique to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is that the same as refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently can cabinets be refinished
One of the best things about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When will cabinet refinishing be the most suitable option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Pryor, Oklahoma have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Employ a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Pryor, Oklahoma
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Pryor, Oklahoma have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Pryor, Oklahoma confidently.