Find a pro in Shady Point, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Shady Point, OK. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Shady Point, OK
When you need roofing maintenance services in Shady Point, OK, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.