Find a Cabinet Painter in Shady Point, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Oklahoma // Shady Point
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What kind of paint do you use on cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint usually used for interior walls will face some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their elegant aesthetic. Common wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets or start chipping or flaking away prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Is it easy to find a good cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to find the perfect one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to focus on is by understanding precisely what style you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their past work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any professional you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to pop up after the project begins that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is it necessary to prime or sand cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be tempting to quickly start painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the average price of an experienced cabinet painter?
There are many things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Shady Point, OK, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job finished.
You'll need to talk about your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painter in Shady Point, OK to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will match your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Shady Point, OK fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Shady Point, OK confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.