Find a Pro in Shawnee, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Which is the ideal season to get your roof serviced?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Shawnee, OK. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Shawnee, OK
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Shawnee, OK. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.