Find a Pro in Taft, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors should influence your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when picking a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should complement the general design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are elegant hues that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
Why should you engage the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will usually provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could achieve by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and knowledge to carry out the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their superior approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
What measures are involved in preparing a house for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's completed with close attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to conduct the project with exceptional workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking first steps that help the paint stick and look great for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt gives you a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint stay.
Can you provide an estimate of the cost involved in painting the exterior of a house?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and give you an accurate quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Find Exterior Home Painting Contractors in Taft, OK
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Taft, OK. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the skills and background to provide outstanding services. You can improve your property's design with new paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture at the same time. By hiring a professional to carry out the project, you're making sure it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can quickly look for contractors, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can see results from previous exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of what they can provide. Search through contractor profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you use our no-charge platform. It's systematic and simple to use for homeowners to find the best candidates for the project in their area. You can even direct message contractors, receive an estimate, and schedule a consultation all in one app.
Review the project details with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful recommendations and help you brainstorm an elegant color scheme. Painting can increase your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local professionals prepared to start the project and deliver exceptional craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced professional to handle the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.