Find a Pro in Temple, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are examples of services I can expect my residential painting contractor to offer?
Examples of the services a vetted painter typically conducts include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your service may then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical hourly rate charged by painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Be mindful that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Does interior painting provide an adequate ROI?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that really pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you pick, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint works to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your household. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: Most homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently feature scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes all imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your home.
When do painters receive the slowest business demand?
A major benefit about scheduling during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Vetted Home Painting Contractors Serving in Temple, OK
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter near Temple, OK, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house works to improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great suggestions about different paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also gives several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that compiles all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Temple, OK and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.