Find a Cabinet Painter in Westville, Oklahoma
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter what type of paint I choose for my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints will not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor do for my job?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the best one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their past work aligning with your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any contractor you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't want is for any surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is it really crucial to prime and sand cabinets before painting?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to establishing price of painting cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Westville, OK, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll want to talk about your home's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Westville, OK Who Will Bring Your Vision to Life
A quick way to boost the appeal of your home and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Westville, OK varies, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be happy to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Find all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Westville, OK confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.