Find a pro in Bend, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Bend, OR. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Bend, OR
When you need roofing maintenance services in Bend, OR, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Bend, OR. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.