Find a pro in Carlton, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Carlton
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Carlton, OR
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Carlton, OR. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Carlton, OR. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.