Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Drain, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Drain, OR have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Which certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing contractor typically possess?
Though there may not be industry-standard licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a portfolio, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and reliability through online customer reviews.
A reputable professional will supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess good communication skills and a readiness to address any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also inquire about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can show they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
What is the best way to refinish cabinets?
A professional working on your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are generally several steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, including:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets are first inspected to ensure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If so, any gear will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant damage, like cracks, dents, and similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to accomplish the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing step will be critical to imparting a high-quality outcome, and could require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, any gear will be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished project meets your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that any refinishing project may vary depending on factors such as the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Additionally, professionals may perform specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic effects, which could require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate clearly with any contractor you employ to guarantee they can bring your vision to reality.
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple technique to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional results when you hire a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Discover The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Drain, OR
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several people in Drain, OR have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Drain, OR confidently.