Find a pro in Gladstone, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Gladstone
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Gladstone, OR
When you need roofing maintenance services in Gladstone, OR, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.