Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Glendale, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some benefits to refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy technique to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often should cabinets be refinished
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Glendale, Oregon have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Glendale, Oregon
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Glendale, Oregon have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Glendale, Oregon with confidence.