Find a pro in Independence, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Independence
Roofing Maintenance Services near Independence, Oregon
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Independence, Oregon. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.