Find a pro in Keizer, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Keizer, OR
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Keizer, OR. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.