Find a Pro in Keizer, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays for itself.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable way to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your home in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you pick, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted strengthens your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components that easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint is designed to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: All houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls often have dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over time. Having your house's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
At what season of the year are painters usually the least busy?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
What is the recommended frequency for repainting the outer walls of my house?
There are some evident signs to watch out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Since every property differs from one another, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for people. Most experts express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on factors like where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not know exactly the last time it was painted. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its longevity. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What services fall under the domain of a house painter?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire an Experienced Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Keizer, OR
When you require a dependable residential painter in Keizer, OR, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also brings many practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that compiles all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Keizer, OR and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.