Find a pro in Kerby, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Kerby, OR
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Kerby, OR. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Kerby, OR. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.