Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lafayette, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Oregon // Lafayette
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple technique to change their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are significant differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and gives a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How regularly can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How do I know if cabinet refinishing is a good project to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Lafayette, Oregon have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is right for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Lafayette, Oregon
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Lafayette, Oregon have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lafayette, Oregon with confidence.