Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lake Oswego, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits should I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free project to change their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is this the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often could cabinets be refinished?
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service must be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Lake Oswego, OR have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Lake Oswego, OR
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Lake Oswego, OR have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lake Oswego, OR confidently.