Find a pro in Monroe, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Monroe, Oregon
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Monroe, Oregon. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Monroe, Oregon. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.