Find a Cabinet Painter in Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Oregon // Myrtle Creek
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the look of my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used for walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for home walls will face many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that modern appearance. Typical wall paints may not stick adequately to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
How do I know I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the most suitable one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of work. The first place to focus on is by understanding exactly what style you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Dependable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Ensure that any painter you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for any surprises to occur once the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by assessing their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past clients available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's may be enticing to quickly start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grime are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the average cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor?
There are many things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Myrtle Creek, OR, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will have to recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Renew Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Myrtle Creek, OR
A smart way to boost the value of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and provide a new look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Myrtle Creek, OR varies, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be happy to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all the information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Myrtle Creek, OR easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.