Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Oakridge, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages should I look forward to when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically change the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and hassle-free method to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and gives a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment for the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Oakridge, Oregon have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Oakridge, Oregon
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Oakridge, Oregon have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Oakridge, Oregon with confidence.