Find a Pro in Ontario, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I should expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Some of the tasks a vetted painter generally conducts include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they discover things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your service might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of services varies from $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Therefore, it does not include the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Is interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Home: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint works to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints now are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect option for your interior. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes those imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busy time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to booking during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces Near Near Ontario, OR
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter near Ontario, OR, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also features plenty of useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that organizes all the important information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Ontario, OR and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.