Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Oregon City, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than hanging new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the differences between cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and gives a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can I determine if cabinet refinishing is the right option to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Oregon City, OR have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
Discover The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Oregon City, OR
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Oregon City, OR have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Oregon City, OR confidently.