Find a Pro in Salem, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Oregon // Salem
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a wise decision to prioritize interior painting for my home?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you pick, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted strengthens your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your property. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently feature dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted removes those cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by a professional contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the time of least business for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the recommended schedule for repainting the outside of my residence?
Chipped and cracked paint are some glaring things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can create issues as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
What can make this difficult is there is no set deadline for a new coat, because every house is different. A lot of experts express that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
After buying a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What are examples of services I should expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and can take care of the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your service might then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Most painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By employing an expert painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover an Experienced Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Salem, Oregon
When you need a good residential painter in Salem, Oregon, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great way to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also features several practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the necessary information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Salem, Oregon and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.