Find a pro in Selma, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Selma, Oregon
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Selma, Oregon. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.