Find a Pro in Sweet Home, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to boost how your home looks with help from a skilled and equipped contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should go with the overall look you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant shades that have the tendency to give you a serene feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
Why may it be beneficial to recruit the expertise of an exterior painting professional?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a high-quality result than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and skills to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the project as adeptly as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to a contractor to do it all. With their superior practices and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or providing subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, tools, and methods to do the project with outstanding craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to stick and look beautiful for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime offers you a spotless area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to adhere.
How costly is it to carry out an exterior painting project for a home?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equal high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Services in Sweet Home, OR
Begin browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Sweet Home, OR. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the training and experience to provide high-quality services. You can update your home's design with fresh paint that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By seeking out a professional to handle the project, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can quickly search for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their level of expertise. Browsing through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's systematic and hassle-free to use for anyone to find the most suitable contractor for the project near them. Additionally, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and book a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting professional who can deliver beneficial suggestions and help you decide on an elegant color arrangement. Having a freshly painted home can increase your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local contractors ready to start the project and perform excellent work. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and contacting a knowledgeable painter to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.