Find a Pro in The Dalles, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a wise choice?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when considering the effect on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted protects your home now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your property. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often have scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted removes most cosmetic issues and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busy time of year for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about scheduling during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I think about repainting my residence's exterior?
There are a few obvious things to keep an eye out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, because every home is different. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try to find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It could be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are some services I should expect my residential painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before the project can commence, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted House Painting Contractors Serving in The Dalles, Oregon
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter in The Dalles, Oregon, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also offers many practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that compiles all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in The Dalles, Oregon and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.