Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Troutdale, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to change their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a suggested interval between refinishing cabinets
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the most suitable option for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable way to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Troutdale, OR have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Troutdale, OR
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Troutdale, OR have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many homeowners are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Troutdale, OR with confidence.