Find a pro in Warm Springs, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Warm Springs, Oregon
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Warm Springs, Oregon. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.