Find a pro in Willamina, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Willamina, OR
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Willamina, OR. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.