Find a Pro in Winston, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What aspects should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, selecting a classic color that complements your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when picking a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should flow with the overall look you're going for and the mood you want to form. Make the place your own, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish shades that have the tendency to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
How can hiring an exterior painting contractor improve your project?
Seeking an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a better result than you could attain by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and training to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the job as skillfully as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you should hire a painter to carry it out. With their superior process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's done with close attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, materials, and strategies to conduct the job with excellent craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking first steps that help the paint adhere and look great for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a clear area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint it for a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stay.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can result in higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you a free quote for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior House Painting Contractors in Winston, OR
Start browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Winston, OR. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the training and experience to provide outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with fresh paint that also provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By recruiting a professional to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can quickly browse for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Search through professional profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our no-cost app. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to pick the most suitable contractor for the job in their area. You can even direct message professional painters, receive an estimate, and schedule a consultation all in one app.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with useful suggestions and help you decide on an elegant color combination. Painting can raise your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and deliver excellent craftsmanship. Get excellent results by using our app and contacting a knowledgeable professional to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.