Find a Pro in your area
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
Normally, a painter's price on services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that price.
Is it a smart choice to prioritize interior painting for my property?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Residence: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years or have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you choose, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are constructed of components that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint works to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the time of minimum business for painters?
A major selling point to scheduling during the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs when painting the inside of a house?
The price to paint the interior of your house is dependant on the overall size of the space. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a larger residence.
On average, expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a nearby professional to paint the interior of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or reside in a location with low labor rates. However, other factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Discover an Experienced Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Your Area
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter in your area, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to enhance your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also offers many practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that compiles all the relevant information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in your area and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.