Find a Cabinet Painter in Albion, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Rhode Island // Albion
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited by the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that elegant look. Common wall paints may not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
How will I know I've picked the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to discover the best one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to focus on is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their previous work aligning with your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Make sure that any painter you hire provides written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project begins that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by assessing their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past clients for view online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's always enticing to immediately begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt or grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What is the average cost for a professional cabinet painter?
There are several factors that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Albion, Rhode Island, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Albion, Rhode Island
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your house and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Albion, Rhode Island varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your existing cabinets may be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be willing to show you a history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Albion, Rhode Island confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.