Find a Pro in Foster, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Rhode Island // Foster
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What considerations are essential when picking the exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing a classic color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and experienced contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should complement the overarching design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant shades that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
In what ways can recruiting an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically offer you a high-quality outcome than you could attain on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you have the tools and skills to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painting professional to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
What steps need to be followed to ready a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to conduct the project with outstanding workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking precautions that let the paint adhere and look great for a long time. These are certain steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a spotless area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a streamlined varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stick.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a worthy investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Another factor that can contribute to the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and offer you a free, upfront estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Home Painting Contractors Near Foster, RI
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Foster, RI. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and background to offer high-quality services. You can improve your home's appearance with a new pop of color that simultaneously provides a strong barrier preventing damage from the elements. By seeking out a contractor to handle the project, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can quickly browse for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to get an understanding of what they can offer. Look through contractor profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you use our no-cost platform. It's systematic and easy to use for anyone to pick the most qualified candidates for the project in their area. In addition, you can direct message professional painters, request a quote, and book an appointment all in one app.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painter who can provide you with beneficial recommendations and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Having a freshly painted home can increase your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right color, sheen, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local professionals ready to start the project and perform excellent workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and contacting a skilled exterior painting contractor to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.