Find a Pro in Foster, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What array of services does a house painter provide?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What do painting contractors typically charge by the hour?
Normally, a painter's cost of labor varies between $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist per hour. That's only for the service. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Does interior painting provide an adequate ROI?
The short answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you choose, the right paint color can help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted protects your property now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health concerns. Paint enables you to keep water from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal choice for your property. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest selling points to scheduling within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Experienced Residential Painters Near Near Foster, RI
When you need a reliable house painter near Foster, RI, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also brings many useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that compiles all the relevant information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Foster, RI and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.