Find a pro in Kingston, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Rhode Island // Kingston
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Kingston, RI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Kingston, RI. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.