Find a Pro in your areaRhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Rhode Island
- Central Falls
- East Greenwich
- East Providence
- Hope Valley
- Little Compton
- North Kingstown
- North Providence
- North Scituate
- North Smithfield
- Prudence Island
- West Greenwich
- West Kingston
- West Warwick
- Wood River Junction
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average expenditure on labor while painting the inside of a house?
The cost to paint the interior of your home depends on the square footage of the area. One 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire residence, especially a spacious one.
You should expect to spend around $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or live in a location with low labor rates. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
At what frequency should I schedule to paint the exterior of my home?
There are a few glaring signs to watch out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set deadline for a new coat, since every house is different. A lot of professionals express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on factors such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
If you've recently bought a house, you may be uncertain about the last time it was painted. It's a good idea to try and find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The variety of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its lifespan. It's also useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What services are under the domain of a house painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to identify the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle this prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your painter may then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the usual hourly rate charged by painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's price on services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or overhead included.
Keep in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that cost.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Your AreaRI
When you need a reliable residential painter in your areaRI, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also provides plenty of practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that organizes all the necessary information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in your areaRI and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.