Find a Pro in Rumford, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Rhode Island // Rumford
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should flow with the overall look you're aiming for and the mood you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bold enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more cozy and comfortable.
How can hiring an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically provide you with a superior outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and knowledge to execute the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the job as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their superior process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to conduct the job with excellent craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking first steps that allow the paint to stay and look amazing for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a sleek varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to adhere.
Can you offer an estimate of the expense included in exterior painting?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how skilled your painter is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Find and Hire Exterior Home Painting Companies in Rumford, RI
Begin your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Rumford, RI. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can find a professional with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver high-quality services. You can improve your home's appearance with new paint that simultaneously offers a strong barrier preventing damage. By recruiting a painter to take care of the job, you're making sure the work will meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can quickly browse for painters, check ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to gain a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to pick the best candidates for the job in their area. Additionally, you can send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one app.
Review the details of the job with an exterior painter who can provide you with useful tips and help you brainstorm an attractive color scheme. Having a newly painted home can increase your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local professionals ready to start the project and perform exceptional workmanship. Get excellent results by using our home management platform and get in touch with an experienced professional to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.