Find a Pro in Saunderstown, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's relatively inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should complement the overarching look you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish shades that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a high-quality outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you have the tools and training to carry out the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting contractor to perform the job as adeptly as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to execute it. With their superior practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's carried out with careful attention to detail and according to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and methods to conduct the job with exceptional craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship begins with taking first steps that help the paint adhere and look amazing for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt gives you a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a productive way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint stay.
How costly is it to carry out an exterior painting project for a home?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can influence the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can equate to high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you a free estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Services in Saunderstown, RI
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Saunderstown, RI. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can hire a contractor with the qualifications and knowledge to provide outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's aesthetic with a fresh pop of color that simultaneously offers a durable barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a painter to handle the job, you're making sure the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can quickly look for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Look through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our free app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for homeowners to find the best contractor for the job near them. You can even send direct messages, ask for an estimate, and book an appointment all in one app.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with helpful suggestions and help you decide on an attractive color combination. Having a freshly painted house can boost your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to start the project and carry out outstanding workmanship. Get excellent results by using our home management platform and contacting a knowledgeable professional to handle the entire process with close attention to detail.