Find a Cabinet Painter in Wakefield, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Rhode Island // Wakefield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Does it matter which type of paint I use for my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their elegant look. Common wall paints might not stick properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
What features do I search for from a professional cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to start is by knowing precisely what look you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Check that any professional you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by assessing any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Should I simply paint over my existing cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
How much will I need to budget to paint my present cabinets?
There are many factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Wakefield, Rhode Island, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Home for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter in Wakefield, Rhode Island
A quick way to boost the value of your house and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Wakefield, Rhode Island fluctuates, but many customers have reported spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors like the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Wakefield, Rhode Island easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.