Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Westerly, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why is cabinet refinishing a wise investment in the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Westerly, RI have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Are there any particular licenses or qualifications I need to look for in a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring results that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors can demonstrate their experience and reliability with online customer reviews.
A reputable professional should provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess good communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How do professionals refinish cabinets?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing task will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are typically numerous steps used to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, including:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, all gear will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant damage, like scratches, dings, and similar imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to accomplish the style you're looking for. The drying and curing process is crucial to imparting a high-quality outcome, and may require a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain completely cures, all hardware can be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished results satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to keep in mind that every refinishing process can vary based on aspects such as the kind of cabinets and the desired finish. Furthermore, professionals may perform specialized techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic effects, which could require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak directly with any contractor you hire to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
What are some perks to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free project to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive excellent results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets appear as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Westerly, RI
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Westerly, RI have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Westerly, RI confidently.