Find a Pro in Westerly, Rhode Island
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What considerations are important when picking the exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's somewhat inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a skilled and equipped painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when selecting a color for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should complement the overall aesthetic you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the ability to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For a touch of color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
In what ways can hiring an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will normally give you a high-quality result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and skills to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How do you prepare a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it's done with close attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional painters are equipped with the training, materials, and methods to perform the job with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stay and look amazing for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime offers you a spotless area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a streamlined result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
What's the usual budget for exterior home painting?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how skilled your painter is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and give you an accurate estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Contractors in Westerly, RI
Start browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and seek the assistance of companies in Westerly, RI. If your home needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the training and experience to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your property's curb appeal with fresh paint that also provides a strong barrier preventing damage. By recruiting a contractor to carry out the job, you're ensuring the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently search for professionals, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to get a good idea of their level of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's convenient and simple to use for anyone to pick the best candidates for the job in their area. In addition, you can send direct messages, receive an estimate, and set up an appointment all in one place.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can provide you with useful suggestions and help you come up with a beautiful color arrangement. Having a newly painted house can increase your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from a number of local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out excellent workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and get in touch with a skilled professional to take care of every step in the process with careful attention to detail.